Great Lakes Vessels Online Index
Registry and Rig Information
- Vessel Name: COASTAL CRUSADER
- Nationality: U.S.
- Official Number: 248679
- Rig: Propeller
Dimensions and Tonnage
- Length: 323.75
- Width: 50.00
- Depth: 26.42
- Masts: 0
- Gross Tonnage: 3805.00
- Net Tonnage: 2123.00
- Hull Material: Steel
- Hull Number: 00340
- Rebuilds: Converted to missile tracker vessel, 1955 (3813 gross - 2133 net).
- History: Launched as USS WEXFORD (AK-220).
Built as C1-M-AV1 class cargo vessel for U.S. Maritime Commission. Name USS WEXFORD (AK-220) assigned on February 25, 1945, but contract was cancelled by Navy in August, 1945. Vessel never served in Navy under assigned name.
- Disposition: Sold out of service, April 30, 1976; presumed scrapped.
- Builder: Smith, Leathem D. Shipbuilding Co.
- Place Built: Sturgeon Bay, WI
- Year Built: 1945
|U.S. Maritime Commission (Dept. of Army)
||1945 - 1948
|| U.S. ARMY
|U.S. Maritime Commission (Dept. of Commerce)
||1948 - 1959
|U.S. Maritime Commission (Dept. of Air Force)
||1959 - 1964
|U.S. Maritime Commission (Dept. of Navy-Military Sea Transport Service)
||1964 - 1976
|| U.S. NAVY
|HASTINGS, PVT. JOE R.
||1948 - 1955
||1955 - 1961
|COASTAL CRUSADER (E-45-1851; U.S. Air Force)
||1961 - 1964
|COASTAL CRUSADER (T-AGM-16; U.S. Navy)
||1961 - 1976
|| U.S. NAVY