Great Lakes Vessels Online Index
F. & P.M. NO. 3
Registry and Rig Information
- Vessel Name: F. & P.M. NO. 3
- Nationality: U.S.
- Official Number: 120677
- Rig: Propeller
Dimensions and Tonnage
- Length: 190.00
- Width: 32.66
- Depth: 12.33
- Masts: 0
- Gross Tonnage: 924.60
- Net Tonnage: 678.27
- Hull Material: Wood
- Hull Number: 00077
- History: First enrollment issued at Port Huron, MI, June 8, 1887.
Name changed to PERE MARQUETTE 3, at Port Huron, MI, October 1, 1901.
As F. AND P.M. NO. 3: Disabled at Manistee, MI, 1888.
Ran aground north of Ludington, MI, 1890. Ran aground six miles north of Milwaukee, WI, December 11, 1893.
As PERE MARQUETTE 3: Driven aground north of Ludington, MI, piers on January 17, 1902; released on January 25 by tugs W.H. MEYERS and JOHN C. MANN, with $40,000 in repairs.
Aground north of Milwaukee, 1916.
Struck by falling draw bridge at Broadway Street, Milwaukee, WI, in February, 1917, removing texas deck and pilothouse.
- Disposition: Sunk by ice southwest of Ludington, MI, Lake Michigan, March 7, 1920. Raised by tug FAVORITE, July 26, 1920, and towed to Manitowoc, WI. Declared a total constructive loss and dismantled there in 1921.
- Builder: Detroit Dry Dock Co. (Hull built by John Craig)
- Place Built: Gibraltar, MI
- Year Built: 1887
|No owner changes recorded.
|PERE MARQUETTE 3
||1901 - 1920