Great Lakes Vessels Online Index
HUTCHINSON, JOHN T.
Registry and Rig Information
- Vessel Name: HUTCHINSON, JOHN T.
- Nationality: U.S.
- Official Number: 243685
- Rig: Propeller
Dimensions and Tonnage
- Length: 604.66
- Width: 60.16
- Depth: 30.16
- Masts: 0
- Gross Tonnage: 8758.00
- Net Tonnage: 6472.00
- Hull Material: Steel
- Hull Number: 01010
- Rebuilds: Converted to self-unloader by Fraser-Nelson Shipbuilding & Dry Dock Co., Superior, WI, during winter of 1963-64 (9775 gross - 6964 net).
- History: Built under U.S. Maritime Commission contract as L6-S-A1 class bulk carrier.
Suffered bow damage when she knocked down bridge at Grosse Ile, MI, August 6, 1965.
In collision, June 10, 1968, with German str. SUSANNE REITH, at head of St. Clair River.
Suffered minor damage to electrical wiring during a deck fire in winter lay-up, Toledo, OH; January 15, 1971.
Received ice damage in Straits of Mackinac, April 2, 1972, causing $46,000 repair loss.
- Disposition: Sold for scrapping, 1988.
- Builder: American Ship Building Co.
- Place Built: Cleveland, OH
- Year Built: 1943
|U.S. Maritime Commission
||1943 - 1943
|Buckeye Steamship Co. (Hutchinson & Co., Mgrs.)
||1943 - 1963
|American Steamship Co. (Boland & Cornelius, Mgrs.)
||1963 - 1988
|Corostel Trading, Ltd.
||1988 - current
|No name changes recorded.