Great Lakes Vessels Online Index
JOHNSON, HENRY W.
Registry and Rig Information
- Vessel Name: JOHNSON, HENRY W.
- Nationality: U.S.
- Official Number: 11617
- Rig: Schooner
Dimensions and Tonnage
- Length: 96.00
- Width: 25.00
- Depth: 8.50
- Masts: 2
- Gross Tonnage: 80.86
- Net Tonnage: 0.00
- Hull Material: Wood
- Hull Number:
- Rebuilds: Rebuilt, Port Huron, MI, March 31, 1874 (96.33 x 25.16 x 8; 104.76 gross - 99.53 net). Rebuilt as wrecking steamer, Detroit, MI, June 2, 1892 (93.33 x 25.33 x 7.58; 222.02 gross - 165.84 net).
- History: Also documented as H.W. JOHNSON; no name change officially documented.
First Great Lakes enrollment issued at Buffalo, NY, June 19, 1867, and previous Register #188 issued at New York, NY, May 12, 1869.
Permanent register surrendered at Port Huron, MI, October 4, 1878, by reason of trade change, and transferred to New York, NY.
Enrolled again on Great Lakes at Port Huron, MI, July 2, 1881, with Permanent Enrollment 55, issued at New York, NY, August 20, 1879, being surrendered.
Vessel rig given as sloop in Annual Merchant Vessel List of US, 1876-1892, but reflected in abstracts.
- Disposition: Final enrollment surrendered at Detroit, MI, June 30, 1911, and endorsed "abandoned."
- Place Built: New York, NY
- Year Built: 1865
|No owner changes recorded.
|No name changes recorded.