Great Lakes Vessels Online Index
LEITCH, GORDON C.
Registry and Rig Information
- Vessel Name: LEITCH, GORDON C.
- Nationality: CANADA
- Official Number: 178248
- Rig: Propeller
Dimensions and Tonnage
- Length: 647.25
- Width: 67.16
- Depth: 30.33
- Masts: 0
- Gross Tonnage: 12460.00
- Net Tonnage: 0.00
- Hull Material: Steel
- Hull Number: 00036
- History: As GORDON C. LEITCH: Sustained a two-foot hole due to ice while entering Thunder Bay, Ont., first week of April, 1974.
Had stern bumped by Liberian ARTADI at Three Rivers, P.Q., July 31, 1974, as ARTADI approached a dock where the LEITCH was berthed; resulted in minor damage to both vessels.
Grounded on October 6, 1980 while downbound in the St. Lawrence River off Three Rivers, Quebec. After lightering approximately 600 tons of wheat into barges, and with the assistance of two tugs, she was freed the following day. She suffered no apparent damage from the grounding.
- Disposition: Departed Quebec, July 29, 1985, in tandem tow with R. BRUCE ANGUS, and arrived at Setubal, Portugal, on August 20, 1985. Scrapping done there by Joao Luis Russo & Filhos Ltda.
- Builder: Canadian Shipbuilding & Engineering, Ltd.
- Place Built: Midland, Ontario
- Year Built: 1952
|Upper Lakes & St. Lawrence Transportation Co., Ltd.
||1952 - 1960
|Port Weller Dry Docks, Ltd. (Upper Lakes Shipping, Ltd., Mgrs.)
||1960 - 1972
|Ontship, Ltd. (Upper Lakes Shipping, Ltd., Mgrs.)
||1972 - 1979
|Upper Lakes Shipping, Ltd.
||1979 - 1985
|No name changes recorded.