Great Lakes Vessels Online Index
Registry and Rig Information
- Vessel Name: MARINE ANGEL
- Nationality: U.S.
- Official Number: 247490
- Rig: Propeller
Dimensions and Tonnage
- Length: 496.16
- Width: 71.58
- Depth: 25.50
- Masts: 0
- Gross Tonnage: 11758.00
- Net Tonnage: 8151.00
- Hull Material: Steel
- Hull Number: 00354
- Rebuilds: 1952, Retrofit including lengthening by 123 feet.
1953, converted by self unloader.
1991, converted to a self unloading barge.
- History: Built as C4-S-B2 class cargo vessel under U.S. Maritime Commission contract.
MCKEE SONS was moved from her lay-up in Toledo to Menominee to be converted to a self unloading barge by Upper Lakes Towing.
This move took place in January 1991.
- Disposition: Converted to bulk carrier by Maryland Dry Dock Co., Baltimore, MD; forebody built by Ingalls Shipbuilding Corp., Pascagoula, MS. Towed up Mississippi River to Manitowoc, WI, where Christy Corp. completed work of conversion to self-unloader. (13803 gross - 10940 net; 620.33 x 71.58 x 36.75).
- Builder: Sun Ship Building & Dry Dock Co.
- Place Built: Chester, PA
- Year Built: 1945
|U.S. Maritime Commission
||1945 - 1953
|Amersand Steamship Co. (Boland & Cornelius, Mgrs.)
||1953 - 1990
|Lake Service Shipping Co., Sand Products Corp.
||1990 - current
||1953 - current