History: Built as C1-M-AV1 class cargo vessel for U.S. Maritime Commission. Operated in 1947 by Dichmann, Wright & Pugh, Inc., of Norfolk, VA.
Acquired by U.S. Navy on July 3, 1945 and commissioned on August 2. Arrived at Gulfport, MS, on August 31, after shakedown cruise. Sailed on September 21 and arrived at Guam on November 16, with stops at the Canal Zone and Pearl Harbor. Departed Guam on December 19, arrived at San Francisco on January 9, 1946, and proceeded to Baltimore, MD, arriving there on April 10, 1946. Decommissioned there on April 30, and redelivered to Maritime Commission on May 7, 1946. Removed from Navy Register on May 8, 1946.
Disposition: Sold to Spanish shipbreakers in 1968 for scrapping at Valencia, Spain; arrived there on September 28, 1968.