Great Lakes Vessels Online Index
VAN VALKENBURGH, LUCINDA
Registry and Rig Information
- Vessel Name: VAN VALKENBURGH, LUCINDA
- Nationality: U.S.
- Official Number: 14614
- Rig: Schooner
Dimensions and Tonnage
- Length: 137.66
- Width: 26.25
- Depth: 12.66
- Masts: 0
- Gross Tonnage: 432.90
- Net Tonnage: 286.60
- Hull Material: Wood
- Hull Number:
- Rebuilds: Remeasured 1865 (301.66 gross - 286.58 net; 138.42 x 26.16 x 12.5).
- History: First enrolled at Buffalo, NY, on April 28, 1862.
10-1871 Ashore and released at Presque Isle, Lake Huron.
6-1872 Lost canvas and repaired, Lake Huron.
9-28-1872 Ashore and released at Rondeau.
5-10-1882 Ashore near Sheboygan, WI, and released. (Life Saving Report, 1883)
12-7-1885 Lost rudder, iced up, and drifted to anchor of St. Joseph, MI. Later returned to service.
5-3-1887 Sunk in collision with steamer LEHIGH in Thunder Bay, total loss.
- Disposition: Sunk in Thunder Bay on May 3, 1887, after colliding with the steamer LEHIGH in fog.
- Builder: Little, Albert
- Place Built: Tonawanda, NY
- Year Built: 1862
|No owner changes recorded.
|No name changes recorded.