Registry and Rig Information
Dimensions and Tonnage
||Rebuilt in 1858 at Sneeden's Shipyard, New York, N.Y.; guards narrowed three feet, main deck built up, additional framing added to hull. Rebuilt completely in 1862.
||Taken to New York via Lachine Rapids and St. Lawrence River in June, 1858. Admitted to United States registry by Special Act of Congress, January 19, 1859. Under frequent charter to U.S. Army Quartermaster Department between March 1861 and September 1862. Departed for Pacific Coast, via Cape Horn, in November 1863.
||Burned while refueling at San Juan, Nicaragua, on March 11, 1869, bound from Panama for San Francisco, Cal. French frigate DU CHAYLA rescued crew.
||Niagara Dock Co. (Edwards)