Registry and Rig Information
||BROWN, WILLIAM L.
Dimensions and Tonnage
||Reconstructed in 1913 (4904 gross - 3879 net). Converted to automobile carrier, 1936. Reconverted to bulk carrier, 1942. Reconverted to automobile carrier, 1946.
||Chartered to G.A. Tomlinson, Duluth, MN, in 1908. Chartered to Cleveland-Cliffs Iron Co., Cleveland, OH, in 1937. Chartered to Detroit & Cleveland Navigation Co., Detroit, MI, from 1938 to 1942. Was used as \"trade-in\" tonnage to U.S. Maritime Commission, 1965.As GEORGE H. INGALLS: Ran aground November 26, 1926, at Pointe au Pines, Lake Superior; released on November 28th.
||Passed down, Port Colborne, Welland Canal, on July 3, 1966, in tow of tugs AMHERSTBURG and ATOMIC for scrapping at Rameys Bend, Ontario.
||Chicago Ship Building Co.