F. & P.M. NO. 3
Registry and Rig Information
|Name||F. & P.M. NO. 3|
Dimensions and Tonnage
|History||First enrollment issued at Port Huron, MI, June 8, 1887.Name changed to PERE MARQUETTE 3, at Port Huron, MI, October 1, 1901.
As F. AND P.M. NO. 3: Disabled at Manistee, MI, 1888.
Ran aground north of Ludington, MI, 1890. Ran aground six miles north of Milwaukee, WI, December 11, 1893.
As PERE MARQUETTE 3: Driven aground north of Ludington, MI, piers on January 17, 1902; released on January 25 by tugs W.H. MEYERS and JOHN C. MANN, with $40,000 in repairs.
Aground north of Milwaukee, 1916.
Struck by falling draw bridge at Broadway Street, Milwaukee, WI, in February, 1917, removing texas deck and pilothouse.
|Disposition||Sunk by ice southwest of Ludington, MI, Lake Michigan, March 7, 1920. Raised by tug FAVORITE, July 26, 1920, and towed to Manitowoc, WI. Declared a total constructive loss and dismantled there in 1921.|
|Builder||Detroit Dry Dock Co. (Hull built by John Craig)|
|Place Built||Gibraltar, MI|
|Name||Begin Date||End Date||Registry||Official Number|
|PERE MARQUETTE 3||1901-00-00||1920-00-00||U.S.||120677|