Registry and Rig Information
||HOOVER AND MASON
Dimensions and Tonnage
||Converted to self-unloader, 1928 (6412 gross - 5362 net); by AmShip, Lorain, OH. Converted to straight deck bulk carrier, 1953, at Ashtabula, OH.
||Received pilot house and one-piece hatch covers and deck crane from wrecked steamer B.F. JONES, during conversion to straight deck bulk freighter at Ashtabula, OH, in winter, 1953-1954. At same time her self-unloading boom was transferred to barge MARQUIS ROEN.Was named after Chicago designers who had worked out her transverse hopper construction, eliminating the need for side tanks. She was the first and possibly only Great Lakes vessel built under this system of design.
||Sold in July, 1963, to Marine Salvage, Ltd., Port Colborne, Ontario, then resold to Italian shipbreakers. Arrived under tow at Genoa, Italy, on October 18, 1963, for scrapping.
||Great Lakes Engineering Works