Registry and Rig Information
|Official Number||U.S. NAVY|
Dimensions and Tonnage
|History||Cleared sand bar at mouth to Erie harbor by uses of \"camels\" on August 4, 1813. Sailed for Put-in-Bay on August 9, and sortiedthere on August 12. Was severely damaged during Battle of Lake
Erie, under command of Oliver Hazard Perry, on September 10, 1813. Returned to Erie Naval Station shortly thereafter.
Sunk for preservation purposes in Misery Bay, Erie, PA, in July, 1815. Raised in 1836, but found to be so badly riddled from effects of Battle of Lake Erie (September 10, 1813) that she was permitted to again sink. Raised in 1876, cut in half, and transported by railway flat cars to the Centennial grounds at Philadelphia, PA. Exhibited outside the grounds in a small building and completely destroyed there by fire. Some pieces of wood were fashioned into canes and gavels.
|Builder||Crosby, Ebenezer and Brown, Noah|
|Place Built||Erie, PA|
|Name||Begin Date||End Date||Registry||Official Number|
|U.S. Navy||1813-00-00||1825-00-00||U.S.||U.S. NAVY|
|Benjamin H. Brown||1825-00-00||1836-00-00||U.S.|
|Captain George Miles||1836-00-00||U.S.|