||Commissioned on August 4, 1813.Was armed with two 12-pounders and eighteen 32-pound carronades. Was sunk in 1820, at Misery Bay, Erie, PA, for preservation. Sold out of service on July 12, 1825. Owned and raised shortly thereafter, successively, by Benjamin H. Brown and Captain George Miles, but sunk again because of deterioration. Raised on March 6, 1913, by Perry Centennial Commission, restored, and towed for exhibition from Buffalo to Chicago, stopping at most way ports between. Returned to Erie, September 21, 1913, after Battle of Lake Erie celebrations, and cribbed just out of water. Restoration begun in 1929 by Niagara Association of Erie, with help from PA Historical Commission, but work suspended in 1934 because of insufficient funds. Restored and rerigged in 1963, for Perry Sesquicentennial celebration, by PA Historical Commission; $180,000 expended.