||Completed in October, 1897, under supervision of W.E. Redway, of Polson Iron Works. Had a cylandrical-shaped hull composed of an inner and an outer shell with a space of five feet between. The inner hull operated on spur gear rails running around the inside of the outer hull. The inner hull would remain motionless. Four small steam engines provided power and the outer hull was to get a \"bite\" on the water by means of \"paddles\" affixed in a ring around the center of the hull. The experiment proved a failure almost immediately and the vessel operated rarely beyond her trials in October, 1897.