ST. JULIEN

Registry and Rig Information

Name ST. JULIEN
Registry CANADA
Official Number 140926
Rig Propeller

Dimensions and Tonnage

Length 130.00
Width 23.42
Depth 13.42
Gross Tonnage 320.00
Hull Material Steel

Vessel History

Rebuilds Converted from minesweeper to lightship, 1922.
History As lightship, stationed in thirty-six feet of water over Gros Cap Reef, 2,450 feet northwest of a fifteen foot spot southwest of Gros Cap, Lake Superior, and 3 1/2 miles north-northeast from Point Iroquois Light. Built at cost of $191,000 for Canadian Navy; departed Toronto for Halifax, Nova Scotia, on October 19, 1917.
Disposition As early as 1961, reportedly partially scrapped in St. George Channel, below Soo Locks, with only hull remaining. Dropped from registration in 1968.

Build Information

Builder Polson Iron Works
Place Built Toronto, Ontario
Date Built 1917-00-00

Source

Source HCGL

Vessel Names

NameBegin DateEnd DateRegistryOfficial Number
CENTENNIAL1955-00-001967-00-00CANADA140926
LIGHTSHIP NO. 221947-00-001955-00-00CANADA140926
NO. 22 (GROS CAP)1922-00-001947-00-00CANADA140926

Vessel Owners

NameBegin DateEnd DateRegistryOfficial Number
Belco Timber Co., Ltd.1959-00-001968-00-00CANADA140926
John B. Rintoul1955-00-001958-00-00CANADA140926
Lloyd and George Gay1958-00-001959-00-00CANADA140926
Minister of Marine1922-00-001936-00-00CANADA140926
Minister of Naval Service1917-00-001922-00-00CANADA140926
Minister of Transport1936-00-001955-00-00CANADA140926