||Commissioned on September 2, 1905; assigned to Caribbean Squadron. Patrolled in Caribbean, Central, and South American waters. Patrolled in Mexican waters after Vera Cruz incident in summer, 1914, then back to Caribbean. Departed NY, for Portsmouth, NH, on September 29, 1917, then to Gibraltar, arriving there on October 27, 1917. Served as convoy escort to North America, Italy, Azores, and Madeira. Given credit for damaging an enemy submarine in attack on September 9, 1918. Departed Gibraltar on December 11, 1918, arriving at Portsmouth, NH, January 7, 1919. Decommissioned on March 2, 1919. Recommissioned between August 16, 1920 - September 9, 1921, to do survey work in Caribbean. Recommissioned again on May 2, 1922, assigned to 9th Naval District for Naval Reserve Training, arriving at Duluth, MN, June 20, 1922. Returned to East Coast early in 1941; used to train Armed Guards on Chesapeake Bay during World War II. Decommissioned on September 7, 1945; transferred to U.S. Maritime Commission on December 19, 1946, and sold the same day.