Registry and Rig Information

Name PARKS, O.E.
Registry U.S.
Official Number 155208
Rig Propeller

Dimensions and Tonnage

Length 134.33
Width 27.58
Depth 11.00
Gross Tonnage 392.65
Net Tonnage 289.12
Hull Material Wood

Vessel History

Rebuilds Rig changed to unrigged barge, 1928. Reportedly added diesel engine in 1929.
History First enrollment issued at Grand Haven, MI, August 10, 1891.
Disposition Grounded on a reef four miles west of Thunder Bay Island, MI, Lake Huron, during gale on May 3, 1929, and became total loss. Was downbound with cargo of pulpwood at time of loss; no lives lost.

Build Information

Builder Elliott, James
Place Built Saugatuck, MI
Date Built 1891-00-00


Source HCGL