Registry and Rig Information
Dimensions and Tonnage
|Rebuilds||Converted to training ship at Newport News, VA, for use at Piney Point, MD, in 1967; engine removed.|
|History||Removed from documentation, December, 1967, showing owner as Chicago, Duluth, & Georgian Bay Transit Co.Departed Montreal, October 27, 1967, in tow of tug SPARROWS POINT, and arrived at Newport News, VA, on November 9, 1967. Engine removed; hull to serve as dormatory for union school (Lundeberg School of Seamanship) at Piney Point, MD. Towed to Camden, NJ, about April, 1974, for sale or scrapping.
Burned at Holland, MI, after laying up; September 9, 1924.
Grounded in St. Clair River, near Harsens Island, June 7, 1962.
Blew cylinder gasket to main engine, April 30, 1963, twelve miles north of Muskegon, MI, Lake Michigan, on way to Manitowoc shipyard, during a 60 m.p.h. gale.
|Disposition||Sold, 1974, to Ships, Inc., for scrapping at Camden, NJ. Scrapped, August 1992, Baltimore yard.|
|Builder||Great Lakes Engineering Works|
|Place Built||Ecorse, MI|
|Name||Begin Date||End Date||Registry||Official Number|
|Chicago, Duluth & Georgian Bay Transit Co.||1914-00-00||1967-00-00||U.S.||212244|
|Seafarers' International Union||1967-00-00||1974-00-00||U.S.||212244|