Registry and Rig Information
Dimensions and Tonnage
||Rebuilt by Collingwood Shipyards, Ltd., Collingwood, Ontario, 1918 (400 x 50 x 24.25; 4578 gross - 3404 registered). Lengthened at Collingwood, Ontario, 1924 (494 x 50.16 x 24.25; 5461 gross - 4268 registered).
||As WESTERN STAR: Struck Robertson Rock, North Channel, Georgian Bay, bearing NE x E from Clapperton Island Lighthouse, on September 24, 1915. Bow was in seven feet water; stern sank in 114 feet of water. Refloated by Great Lakes Towing Co. on September 18, 1917, and taken to Collingwood, Ontario, for repairs. Remained idle at Goderich, ON, from 1932-35. Ran aground near Valleyfield, Quebec, 1959.
||Sold for scrap, 1962. Dismantled by Stelco at Hamilton, ON, in winter, 1963-1964; midbody reportedly converted to crane barge (150 x 50) for Port of Hamilton.
||Detroit Ship Building Co.